Welcome to Bible Pathways - Journey 3!Consider this your invitation to start 2014 with a resolution to become more fluent with God's word! Join us for our weekly Bible Pathways study as we survey one book of the Bible each week. There is no signup, no cost, and no commitment - just come if and when you are available, or perhaps just for those books which you find of interest. We start over once we complete the last book, so you can cover the entire Bible in one year's time, no matter when you begin.
We are currently completing our third trip through the Bible. Since beginning Journey 3 here in Rochester we have held studies on 47 of the 66 books of the Bible! We do not read the book in its entirety, we read representative selections in order to become familiar with the scope, the writers, the characters and events; discuss their relevance to us today; and hopefully whet your appetite to delve deeper on your own.
All our study guides are available from this page (below). Each is a 1-page summary of a Bible book, and comprises the outline for our studies. All materials are published under a Creative Commons license, which allows you to print and duplicate them for use in your own group studies if desired.
Please join us! Our group fellowship is growing and new participants are always welcome. We meet Wednesdays from 6:30 PM to 7:30 PM in Conference Room 1. This room is on the ground floor and is fully accessible to persons with disabilities. Accessible rest rooms are adjacent. Make 2014 the year you increase your knowledge of God's word!
Location First United Methodist Church
34 South Main St.
Rochester NH 03867
Room Conference Room 1 Date Wednesdays, resuming April 23 2014 Time 6:30 - 7:30 PM
- Weather-related cancellations will be posted here.
- Currently there will be no studies Lent to allow capacity for special Lenten studies. We will resume after Easter, on Wed. April 23.
- There will be no study on Wed. Sep. 10, 2014.
Questions? Contact Rick Mills at firstname.lastname@example.org
Old Testament Study Guides:
- 1 Samuel
- 2 Samuel
- 1 Kings
- 2 Kings
- 1 Chronicles
- 2 Chronicles
- Song of Songs
New Testament Study Guides:
[break for Lent]
- 1 Corinthians
- 2 Corinthians
- 1 Thessalonians
- 2 Thessalonians study will be Wed Apr 23
- 1 Timothy study will be Wed Apr 30
- 2 Timothy study will be Wed May 7
- Titus study will be Wed May 14, combined with
- Philemon study will be Wed May 14
- 1 Peter
- 2 Peter
- 1 John
- 2 John
- 3 John
Additional study materials:
- Bible Overview
- Harmony of 1 and 2 Chronicles
- Psalm 22 prophecies
- Isaiah 53 prophecies
- Harmony of the parables
- Harmony of the miracles
- Harmony of the gospels
- Leader's Guide
- You may also find this free e-book valuable: "The Bible, Book by Book" by Josiah Blake Tidwell, is available for download from this page at Project Gutenberg.
In addition to The Holy Bible, the following reference sources were used in compiling this study series:
- Halley, Henry H. Halley's Bible Handbook. New Revised Edition. Zondervan, 1965.
- Miller, Stephen M. How to Get Into the Bible. Thomas Nelson Publishers, Nashville. 1998.
- Tidwell, Josiah Blake. The Bible, Book by Book. public domain, available at this link.
- Serendipity Bible for Groups, New International Version. Zondervan Publishing House, Grand Rapids. 1998.
- Pocket Bible Handbook, Thomas Nelson Publishers, Nashville, 1995.
- Harmony of the Parables, Congregation Yeshuat Yisrael. www.yeshuatyisrael.com, June 2003.
- Harmony of the Gospels, www.lifeofchrist.com
- Miracles of Jesus Christ, www.lifeofchrist.com
|Home > Bible Pathways home page||This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.|